Thursday 18 August 2011

love stories

and there he was, at my doorstep again. i could not look at him the way i used to look at him before. i'm numb and i just stood there, silent, taking deep sighs of remorse. shadows of betrayal and guilt surfaced in his sulky face. implied with a tacit gesture of always wanting to say sorry. it is hard to forgive and forget, indeed! we are both hurting each other, but in one way or another, the pain has to end. i looked at him trying to read his sullen eyes, yet, i felt it again, the feeling of slashing one's wrist with adrenaline pouring out your system from the very sight of blood... the pain is deafening...
the next thing i heard is the door closing. i have shut it... along with the hope of shutting what i felt that very moment...lukewarm tears kissed my cold face... i couldn't stop it from pouring... but they do serve their purpose... i did it... i have shut him out... out of my life, i hope... but never did i felt in any way happy for what i did... then the only solace i felt was crying my heart out... i don't know for how long i have kept feeling miserable, till i slept in my forlorn crying.
09/28/2006 0345h
when i woke up, first thing i noticed was that my eyes sure hurt as hell. it took a while to compose my mind and rekindle the miseries i have gone through the night. i was sure enough that he is gone by now. but still i would want to check, confirm if he has accepted the fate i bestowed him...
and still, there he was, at my doorstep, unmoved, half asleep in the coldness of the night,crouching in the cold concrete floor. the moment he noticed i opened the door, he stood up from his uncomfortable position,grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me out in my miserable room... and with every bit strength that was left in him, he hugged me so tight. all the grudges i felt for him perished like a bubble popped on thin air. he then whispered those words i have so wanted to hear from him: “i'm sorry! please don't leave me”...
9/28/2006 0831 h
yup, i am just human and we got back together. with his effort, sincerity and all, he deserves a chance...i don't know for how long we stayed in my doorstep, but i sure did felt one of the most amazing powers love could do to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment